Reporting a Complaint

Form and Filing of Complaint:  The filing of a formal, written complaint initiates the formal grievance process and is available to any person who is participating in (or attempting to participate in) a University educational program or activity. The Title IX Coordinator (or an investigator designated by the Title IX Coordinator) will investigate the allegations in the formal complaint. Formal complaints can be filed in several ways. The complainant may submit the complainant’s own document that contains the complainant’s signature (either physical or digital) and is filed with the University’s Title IX Office by U.S. mail, in person, through the Title IX portal provided for this purpose, or by email.  The formal complaint should set forth the allegations and request that the Title IX Office investigate the matter.

All complaints or reports about sex discrimination (including sexual harassment) should be submitted to the Title IX Coordinator:

Title IX Coordinator 
University of Arkansas
1 University of Arkansas
Administration Building 427
Office: (479) 575-7111 (voice) 
Cell Phone: (479) 409-9972 (voice or text)

*Arkansas Relay provides services at no cost that enables people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Deaf/blind to place and receive phone calls.

Using Arkansas Relay Services:

Arkansas Relay Services: 711

In addition, the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, may be contacted by phone at 800-421-3481 or by email at

Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed above, or by any other means that results in the Title IX Coordinator receiving the person’s verbal or written report. Such a report may be made at any time (including during non-business hours) by using the telephone number or electronic mail address, or by mail to the office address, listed for the Title IX Coordinator.

Complaints may also be filed by contacting any of the University’s Deputy Title IX Coordinators.

Reporting to Law Enforcement

In some instances, sexual harassment may constitute both a violation of this policy and criminal activity. The University grievance process is not a substitute for instituting legal action.  The University encourages individuals to report alleged sexual misconduct promptly to campus officials AND to law enforcement authorities, where appropriate.  Individuals may file a report directly with local law enforcement agencies by dialing 911.  Individuals may also contact any of the following for assistance in filing a report with local law enforcement:

University Police Department
155 S. Razorback Road
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

Fayetteville Police Department
100 W. Rock Street
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

Confidential Resources

Counseling and other mental health services for victims of sexual assault are available on campus and in the community. Students may use the Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) department at the Pat Walker Health Center and the Sexual and Relationship Violence Center. Employees of the University may be able to seek help through the Employee Assistance Program. Community Health Agencies, such as Ozark Guidance Center, and counselors and psychotherapists in private practice in the area can provide individual and group therapy.

On-Campus Resources

Individuals who do not wish to file a formal Title IX complaint or file a report with the police may seek other on-campus resources which are often available at low or no cost. Available services include medical care, counseling, advocacy, and case management. 

Off-Campus Resources

Northwest Arkansas is home to many agencies who provide medical care, including sexual assault nurse exams, shelter for those impacted by domestic violence, and legal assistance. Additionally, many private providers are available for those seeking confidential counseling/therapy services. Additionally, the Employee Assistance Program is available at no cost to university employees seeking confidential counseling services.